Acting for the energy transition
Project: ILAKAKA 1 – SELF-CONSUMPTION
Sector: Self-consumption / Location: Madagascar (Ilakaka)
The project concerns M-STORE, a family-owned company from the SEEM Group (the Madagascar Water and Electricity Company), whose main activity is the « electrification of rural areas in different municipalities », including ILAKAKA, known as the one of the largest sapphire farms.
This will be the installation of a photovoltaic system in shadow or on the ground. It will allow the company to:
• Improve the cost of producing energy.
• Improve the Carbone impact of energy production.
• Benefit from a means of production adapted to one of the sunniest regions of Madagascar.
Reason: Energy independence
Objective: Production of cheaper energy
Area of the facility: 2100 m²
Power: 300 kWp
Economic data of the project
Kwh / Kwc production: 1600
Annual production: 480 000 KWh minimum
Project Manager: Madagascar CAPSUD Group
Provisional start of works: February / March 2018
Commissioned (Consuel deadline): May 2018
Surface & location of power plants
That is a total area of 2100 m² of photovoltaic material, representing:
– 221 tones of CO2 avoided per year
– The annual energy consumption of 533 inhabitants